Friday, October 2, 2009

An Illustrated Catalog of My Collection A-B

If you want to get a pretty good idea of the scope and breadth of my collection, check out the pdf file at the end of this post. My first book on magazines was self-published in 1996, reflecting pretty much everything that I'd collected until that time. Its pretty much become the standard refernce for magazine collecting and I've sold or given away a few thousand copies. Its listed on the web for upwards of $100 but I will now be happy to sell it for $40 (they actually cost me $14 each to produce in 1996).

Between 1995 and 2005 I collected an equal amount of new material and kept an ongoing catalog of my new acquistions, which I compliled into a supplementary volume that, for the most part has never been circulated. Its time now to "let the cat out of the bag" so I'll do it in pieces alphabetically. Theres tons of material you simply will not find anywhere else and I think you'll get a pretty good idea from whence this self-admitted maniac comes.

Since 2005, the collecting has by no means slowed down, but a hectic work schedule, this blog and my new book on the health Franklin Roosevelt has prevented me from starting a third supplement.

So now, for your reading pleasure, I present the A and B entries of the 1995-2005 supplement. I think you'll find this work interesting and informative. Enjoy!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20550511/Magazine-supplement-ab

No comments: